Turkey Coconut Quinoa Casserole Recipe
Serves | 8
- 1 kg Turkey Mince (or lean alternative)
- 400ml Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Raw Quinoa
- 1 large Sweet Potato, grated
- 1/2 head of Cauliflower, grated
- 1 Bunch of Silverbeet, stems removed (yields approx 6-8 cups)
- 1 cup grated Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Herbamare
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seasoned with chilli or pepper optional
Preheat fan forced oven to 180C
In a large pan, brown turkey mince in oil then add the coconut milk, seasoning and half the quinoa. Stir well and reduce to a simmer while you prep your veggies.
I have used the grater setting on my processor for the sweet potato, cauliflower and cheese. Chop up your green leafy silverbeet.
- remaining 1/2 cup quinoa
- thick layer of silverbeet
- thick layer of sweet potato
- 1/2 pan of turkey mince
- Sweet Potato
Note: Push ingredients down as you go, the silverbeet will wilt so we want to pack in as much veg as we can. My casserole dish was slightly mounted at the end.
Bake for 55 minutes.
Enjoy with a few thinly sliced pineapple pieces for those Malibu vibes.
Made with Love
GingerNotes Nutritionist ♥
Looking for a Nutritionist to help you get your food choices and health back on track?
Simone, BSc. Nutritionist would love to work with you and your family ♥
“Never thought my life would change so much in 2 weeks! Shopping for veggies for the 2nd time this week as running out already since Sunday”
Winter Wellness Client 2017
“Amazing, highly recommend you go. If you haven’t gone to see Simone already you’re doing yourself a disservice!! She is super friendly, very approachable and very knowledgeable”
Weight loss Client 2017