Apart from being extremely inspired by all the deliciously talented food photography that flood the gates of Instagram, I also enjoy whipping up simple and healthy alternative recipes using nutritive ingredients both trending and seasonal.
I have been meaning to spend the time to research the appropriate cooking times to really get that ‘crispy’ homemade chip without any deep frying. I finally stumbled upon one very talented stand out recipe from Instagram by @karmens_kitchen. Karmen is the credit for inspiring me to create my own take on the sweet potato chip. You should follow her Instagram profile and see how much she loves to share plenty of vibrant healthy meals to motivate you in the kitchen.
Rosemary & Coconut Sweet Potato Chips
Prep: 10mins Cook: 1hr 20mins Serves: 2
- 1 large golden sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 80-100 degrees.
- Slice your sweet potato into 0.5cm slices, if you have a vegetable slicer or mandolin this makes things super efficient.
- Finely chop the rosemary sprigs.
- Place the sweet potato, rosemary, salt and coconut oil into a bag and shake/massage the contents to get an even spread of oil and seasoning.
- Evenly place the slices on a tray lined with baking paper with no overlap.
- Bake at 80-100 degrees for 35mins on each side. Increase the heat to 150 degrees and bake for another 10-15minutes or until you see the edges curl.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes to get that delicious sweet crunch.
Made with Love,
You may also enjoy my Crumbed Cauliflower and Zucchini Fries which you can find HERE.
For more great recipe’s and quality nutrition information, Sign Up to my E-newsletter HERE.