This recipe ticks the following boxes…
- Nut Free – Healthy School Lunchbox Friendly
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- High Protein & High Dietary Fibre
- Overall healthy choice in the YUMMY category, especially those looking for weight control, Pre/Post Workout snacks or on-the-go busy people.
What is the Secret Ingredient?
BUTTER BEANS also knows as Lima Beans ♥
18.8g of Protein per tin
16.8g of Dietary Fibre per tin
Butter beans are a also good source of Iron, Zinc and Magnesium and a very good vegetarian alternative to meats & poultry.
They also make a fantastic finger food for little people.
Still not convinced?
Try making the Chocolate Protein Cookies and healthfully thank me later ♥
Chocolate Protein Cookies Recipe
- 400g tinned Organic Butter Beans, rinsed
- 60g (3/4 cup) Barley Oats (I used Traditional Barley + Oats by Goodness Superfoods)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup Agave (Maple, Honey or Coconut Nectar also alternatives)
- 1 tsp Mixed Spices
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Bits, chopped (I used NutraOrganics Belgium Dark Choc Buttons)
Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
Blitz all ingredients except for the chocolate until smooth consistency, finally stir in the chocolate bits.
Spoon out even blobs of mix onto a lined baking tray.
Bake for 18 mins and allow to cool before handling or they will fall apart.
This recipe made 9 good size biscuits.
Made with Love
Amazing, highly recommend you go. If you haven’t gone to see Simone already you’re doing yourself a disservice!! She is super friendly, very approachable and very knowledgeable.